Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Fashion Blogger event at Park Lane

The amazing Tina of T Minus, T Plus put together a fun day for local fashion and style bloggers at the Shops at Park Lane a couple weeks back. I was invited even though I don't consider myself a fashion blogger (lol seriously), but I am a beauty blogger and proud of it. :) I first discovered Park Lane sometime last year while looking for Nordstrom Rack locations. I was shocked that this entire complex was here, and I had not known about it. I was super excited to be able to tour the new shops that opened since my first visit. There were so many more. It was quite "dead" in comparison to my first visit. I'm all for new business and growth!

First up was the flagship Whole Foods Market! I was late to this (bummer) so I missed the tour, but it's a giant and fun market from what I can tell.

I did make it in time for the goodie bags! ^_^

Next we walked over to ULTA beauty where the manager talked about the Benefit line. She was super friendly and even gave us goodie bags too!

All of us happy to be around so much makeup.



Then we hopped over to Nordstrom Rack! It's conveniently located next to a Saks Off 5th! Raise your hand if you want to do cartwheels down this aisle.

The wonderful manager had decided to do a raffle for us in addition to goodie bags. Revealing the winner caused quite the blogger paparazzi frenzy!

Congrats Juanette! See her pure joy from winning? It's because she won a white Marc Jacobs watch!!

Afterwards we walked to Gordon Biersch for lunch. The food was VERY good, and I'll be back!

I had a light lunch because I knew we were coming to FreshBerry for yogurt. It was really good, and I'm extremely picky when it comes to yogurt. The decor was annoying ripped off of Pinkberry, but that is easily overlooked. The coconut and tart flavor were very good, not the BEST but good!

Since we were getting behind schedule we rushed over to Bailey's Prime Plus where they served us champagne and strawberries. I had to let my yogurt go early and this made up for it.

The decor is gorgeous inside and a treat for anyone who dines there at night.

Our last stop was the Aveda Institute. This is where the stylists of the Aveda Salons learn their craft. They offer full spa and salon services which are of course done by the students. There are supervisors so don't be scared. The place is really beautiful and spacious! They offered everyone a complimentary pedicure on a future visit. It will be my first.

Inside the Nordstrom goodie bag! Puma Towel, Coffee tumbler, Ben Sherman Rubik's Cube and Pins. Thank you Nordstrom!

Inside the Whole Foods goodie bag! Asian Pear Crisps (good), 365 Swiss Dark Chocolate with almonds (SO GOOD!), 365 Rosemary Mint soap, and Sencha shot green tea drink. The actual bag is something I use daily. It's cute and the perfect size for small shopping trips or mail.

The ULTA goodie bag. Philosophy samples, perfume samples, dermalogica samples, and a full size stila lip glaze in kitten.


*thanks to Tina & Nichole for the photos