Saturday, May 7, 2011

April Favorites

I can't believe it's May already! Time for April favorites!

1. B-List lipstick by Lancome, $7 -$15
Swatch of B List
This was a free lipstick (and now discontinued) that I received this month from a gift with purchase. It's a pretty peachy-beige with the right hint of pink that is seriously underrated! It's not orange and won't make you look dead. I think that it is gaining popularity though because the ebay price for this is almost double for what a common gifted lipstick would go for. About $15? But wait, I found a new listing for them at $7 + $2.50 shipping here. Read the glowing makeupAlley review here.


2. Essie Neo Whimsical Polish, $3.20

Thin and runny, but I love this pinky-lilac color for spring. It's a pain to apply so I try to make thick coats and then the seche vite on top smooths it out.

3. Diorskin Nude Foundation, $46
I love this foundation right there with the MUFE foundation. The match is perfect (shade 021), and it blends so well onto the skin. It leaves a nice matte but still luminous finish. The coverage is light-medium. You can build it up without looking cakey. The luxury glass packaging is a plus as well. It also claims to make your skin better? Dunno about that yet.. The only thing people may not like is that it dries really fast so you must work quickly. I prefer this over foundations that never dry at all. Oh and it oxidizes a little on some so I went for a slightly lighter shade that still matches after oxidizing.

4. HydraFresh toner L'oreal, $6
I stole this out of my mom's cabinet because she had not used it for a year or more. Creepy? Maybe, but the stuff still works great! Points for longevity! This stuff is freakin awesome because it lives up to it's claims. No need to buy any $20 toner by golly. It does "gently sweep away dull, tired skin to reveal a smoother, brighter complexion." It also "leaves skin soft and supple." The toner I used before didn't leave my skin feeling any softer, and it was 8x more expensive.

5. O'slee SPECIAL CARE Anti-Acne Essence, $8.40
This stuff is a miracle to me. It lives up to it's claims and minimizes the pimple overnight. I couldn't believe it! It's great on those red ones and the cystic acne! I think the key is rubbing it in until full absorbed. The drawback is the small glass bottle is so fragile that it broke on the counter when it slipped through my fingers. I was literally scrapping it off the counter to save it!

Have you tried any of these products?
I'd love to hear about your favorites last month!