Monday, August 23, 2010

I haven't taken a bath in years [lush reviews]

So that may be misleading. No bath, but I SHOWER every day!! :D Now that that's out of the way...

If anything will make me use my tub it's LUSH. I was never into the bath salts, oils, and whatnot. I did love the occasional bubble bath but I was 10! As the years went on I grew out of that and taking showers is faster (duh) plus I never had the time to draw a bath. I remember in junior high this girl gave me a random bath bomb shaped like a flower, and I was like "wtf am I supposed to do with this."

All these fun Lush products I read about always makes me curious so I bought some this weekend. Plus Joanna sent me a couple Lush items for my bday (thank you!) and spiked my interest again. Didn't hurt that it was tax free weekend so I ran out to the mall. I have been to the Lush store before, but I didn't keep any bath bombs for myself. I also realize I haven't done a review since February.. so here goes.


You've Been Mangoed Bath Melt - $5.95 for 1oz
Mango and cocoa butter bath.
You've Been Mangoed is bright and breezy, with nutritious mango and avocado butters to make your skin feel as if it's just had a really healthy breakfast and is all set up for the day.

While mango is totally awesome, this was not. I didn't feel like it did much besides smell nice in the water. I liked the lemongrass oil and citrus grass oil but that's it. It's more citrus than mango smelling so the name is misleading. I don't think the value for this is good. It's too small for $6.

I give it an OKAY but I won't repurchase this.




Trichomania Shampoo - $9.95 for 3.5oz
Creamed coconut to condition parched hair.
Moisturize, condition and fragrance dry and processed hair with squeezed coconut. Use it all over for delectable, soft skin and hair. Perfect for very dry and afro curls. Trichomania is for hair that's lost its moisture and needs to be tamed, particularly curly hair. It smells like a tropical cocktail.

I got a small sample of this out of curiosity. The idea of solid shampoo is strange to me. Before I got in the shower, I tore off a small bit of this and took it in with me. I rubbed it between my hands with some water until it bubbled up. There wasn't much so it didn't bubble up enough for my whole head. Therefore I didn't feel like it cleaned enough, and I ended up using my regular shampoo after washing trichomania out. After looking on the Lush website I noticed this is for people with dry hair. oops, I don't have dry or curly hair so this shampoo is not for me. It smells nice, but I'll just stick to me regular liquid shampoo.

I give it an OKAY but I wouldn't buy this.


Sultana of Soap - $5.95 for 3.5oz
The royalty of soaps.
The creamy fruity one. The Sultana of Soap looks like a big cake of nougat from Brighton Pier. It's soft and creamy, filled full of chopped apricots and currants and scented with spicy olibanum; it's hardly surprising that it looks tempting enough to take a lick

I hate this damn soap. In the store I thought it smelled amazing, but after taking it home and using it, I think it's horrid! It looks all cool with the fruit stuck to it and it has a good reputation, but I just hate it. It is supposed to be the creamiest soap ever or whatever but it leaves that sticky feeling like cheap-ass soap does. You know dollar soap or cheap hotel soap that makes your skin feel cheap and smell cheap? yeah, this is like that. The smell lingers so damn long and it gets right up in your nose and sits in the worst spot. You know when you can't slide your fingers down your arm smoothly because there is some friction from the soap residue? That's what happens with this soap and it drives me crazy because people keep saying it leaves their skin so soft. what? Am I the only one who notices it?

I give this a YOU SUCK rating and hell no I won't purchase again.


Angels on Bare Skin cleanser - $10.95 for 3.5oz
Angelic and medieval recipe for the skin.
Our best-selling cleansing roll is perfect for all skin types. Made with finely ground almonds and heaps of balancing lavender, a pea-sized amount will gently scrub away the day.
To end on a good note, I do like the Angels on Bare Skin cleanser (the poopy looking one). I usually don't like lavender scents but this soap is just so soothing smelling and the paste feels nice on your skin when you wash it. My face feels so soft afterward. I like like like! To use you take a small pea sized amount and add water and rub in your hands until you make a paste. Then wash your face with it. Sometimes I do that and rub it over my face too. It's definitely inconvenient to me, but it's awesomeness makes up for that.

I give this a THUMBS UP and I would buy this.