Friday, February 5, 2010

Bare It All while Skinny Dipping, New Fav Lipstick

Wet n Wild has really outdone themselves in 2010! I have never bought a wet n wild product before because I thought they were cheap and crappy. I decided to put that thought aside and try out this lipstick after watching a review on youtube. :P

Blogging has made me more into lipsticks and let me take a second look back at drugstore products. You all know this from my last post on the effects of blogging. I appreciate all the comments! It's good to know I'm not the only one!

Back to the lippie! They looked really pigmented and nice on the video so I popped by my local Walgreens after my stop at the Post Office. I was just here yesterday at looking for EcoTools where I spotted the Wet N Wild Color Icon palettes. They were so pretty, how could I miss them? I totally ignored the lipsticks though! After trying to research the palettes I also came across these lipsticks. Since I'm swimming in eye shadows I thought I'd try some lipsticks. But believe me, I'll be buying those palettes when they're bogo.

Wet n Wild Mega Last Lip Color / Lipstick - $2.99
902C Bare It All

From the website:
Lips take center stage! This 4-hour, longwearing lip color leaves a semi-matte, crème finish in one stroke. Glides on easily with rich, velvety color that doesn't cake, feather, or bleed. Made with hydrating skin-care ingredients: Hyaluronic Microspheres provide extraordinary adhesion to lips, an exclusive polymer complex offers cushion-like feel and texture, and natural marine plant extracts Coenzyme Q10 and Vitamins A & E help smooth lips.
Review:
Basically I really like it because it's not drying. It's matte. It's pigmented. It's smooth. No smell. I'm no lipstick expert so I dunno what else to say. I'll update this post when I think of more. I just bought this today! I like these better than the nyx circle lipsticks. Actually I don't really like the nyx circles all that much- drying. My prediction is people will be comparing the two.
I was trying to look for a dupe for the Max Factor below.

So I thought I'd be crazy and put all four of my favorite nude lipsticks on at the same time. haha. It's hard to really tell a difference.

Revlon Soft Nude- great color, the lightest of the bunch
Max Factor Skinny Dip- favorite nude for my medium skin but it's discontinued and old smelling now
Wet n Wild Bare it All- the only matte one. could be more pink
Rimmel Nude Delight- has the most moisture, great color, slightly more orange than the rest. It's between nude attitude and soft nude.

All of these are highly recommended! My skin is lt/medium now so I can't wear Nude Attitude or Elf Nymph.


I don't feel like this photo is color accurate. Everything should be more pink. But they really do look that different on my arms and lips in real life.

Top two color showdown. I still like Skinny Dip better, but Bare It All is close enough that I can stop looking. Adding a pink gloss on top would make it match.

What the packaging of all four look like.
Rimmel Moisture Renew Lipstick - $5.99
Wet n Wild Mega Last Lipstick - $2.99
Max Factor Vivid Impact Lipstick - $8.99 but discontinued.
Revlon Colorburst Lipstick - $8.99

Would I buy more of these? YES. Recommended? YES b/c it's only $3. But if you have the others don't bother with this color. Try one like Just Peachy? Or none at all, save your money! lol!

If anyone can recommend MAC cremesheen (or not) nude lipsticks comment below. Such as shy girl or creme d'nude. I think creme d'nude may end up being too light for me.


Oh, and if you're wondering why there is a Vitamin Schtick balm in the first photo, it's because I got it for free technically. You get a register reward for this for $1.99 when you pay $1.99+tax. Then you take that certificate and  can buy this lippie at $2.99- $1.99 = $1 + tax. wee!