Monday, February 28, 2011

Brunch and Makeovers - DFW Blogger Meetup

This past weekend I attended the DFW Blogger Meetup at Northpark Mall put together by Kileen of Cute and Little. I was really nervous since I was only familiar with two of the bloggers planning to go. I was under the impression that the other bloggers knew each other or were at least long time Cute and Little followers. It turns out some of us just recently heard about it, and I was not the only person who was not familiar with everyone. Once I sat down and started chatting I wasn't nervous anymore. Everyone was so nice! It was so much fun, let me show you the pics. (Most courtesy of Kileen.)

Fashionably on-time bloggers! Obviously I was late. Silly Saturday morning traffic. Who knew? A normal 40 minute drive took an hour and a half!
From left to right: Tina, Angga, Jen, Ivonne, Kileen, Tasha, Charis
If I messed up your name or link please let me know.

We planned to eat at La Duni but ended up at Cibus Italian Restaurant instead.

Brunch/Lunch was at 11am. We ended up in a private room!


Katy deciding what to order.

I think there were 14 of us bloggers!

Ladies to my left. Chastity (not pictured).

Ladies to my right.

Irene, Jessica, and PV enjoying the bottomless Belinis.


My chicken panini. It was okay but honestly I thought the chicken was dry and the bread didn't help by being extra dry.

omg how did all the Asians end up in this photo? hahaha.

The group photo! All 16 of us!

Next we had a special Dior event to get to. Kileen had won a makeover event at the Dior counter at Dillard's, and they were kind enough to give us a $25 credit to any Dior purchase! They were originally only expecting five of us so a huge thank you goes out to the Dior team and Kileen.

Since we were a massive group they split us up into two sessions.

Irene's smokey eye was stunning! Jackie (?) the Dillard's beauty director was very knowledgeable and had great technique.

I loved Tina's neutral olive eye look. There is no photo unfortunately. The MUA Sarah (on the left) did a fantastic job!

Jackie did a light smoky eye on me using the Earth Reflection quint. I friggin love Dior!!

Me with Angga. She drove down from Kansas!!
Products used:
Dior Instant Cleansing Water with Pure Lily Extract - Impressed
Dior Gentle Toning Lotion with Velvet Peony Extract
Dior Capture Totale One Essential
Dior Hydra Life Pro-Youth Sorbet Creme
Dior DiorSkin AirFlash 200 and 301 - okay, everyone else loved it.
Dior Lipliner Heather Rose 553 - bought
Dior SkinFlash Booster Pen 003
Dior Brow Styler - Really nice
Dior Bronzer 02
Dior Bronze Harmonie de Blush 002
Dior Earth Reflection quint 609
Dior Creme de Rose balm



Me with Kileen. You are taller than I thought hehe.

Me with Irene. Cute hat right?

I was good and only got one thing. Dior Lipliner in Heather Rose or Rose Bruyere (553). I chose the lipliner because I thought it looked really pretty when I applied it and the texture was really nice too. Plus it's something I don't have "too much" of. (COUGH! nude lippies) They gave us samples of Dior's One Essential and Miss Dior Cherie. Yippie! It's one of my favs.

This pencil was a whopping $28. That's a lot! At least it came with a brush and sharpener. I did a little google search on these and you can easily find these for half the price somewhere fyi...

Swatches later! I plan on wearing this on the full lip and topping with a clear plumper. A combo I had never thought of before. Thanks Dior!

I had an awesome time meeting everyone and making new friends. I didn't get home until almost 7, and I left the house at 10am. What a long day! When I got home I ate dinner and then passed out for 2 hours. It was fun! Until the next time...

Have you been to a blogger meetup before? Would you want to?