Sunday, January 2, 2011

CVS Beauty Sale - A closer look

After reading about the annual Beauty sale at CVS on Nouveau Cheap and Diva Makeup Queen I decided to investigate. (Even though I'm battling a cold!)

My CVS had a well stocked and organized display of the popular L'oreal HiP shadow Duos so I snapped a pic because I am a more visual person. I counted a total of 12 shades that are on sale at 75% off retail price. Your retail price may vary by location but mine was $8.29. After 75% off it came to $2.07. After my $2 coupon I snipped from an old paper it came to $0.07 tada! I swear I never pay more than $2 for these babies! Cut the coupons!!

807 Poppy
318 Flashy
404 Flare
114 Adventurous
234 Roaring
208 Sassy
236 Forgiving
336 Devious
508 Cheeky
518 Charisma
536 Wicked
908 Mischief


Physicians Formula Shimmer Strips that are 75% off
Pop Collection for Blue Eyes
Pop Collection for Hazel Eyes
Smoky Collection for Blue Eyes
Smoky Collection for Green Eyes
$11.49 -> $2.87




Neutrogena has 50% off their items and here is a closer look at them. I read on G's blog that if you go to Allyou.com then you can print out a coupon for $2 off!

One-Step Gentle Cleanser $7.99 -> $4.00
MoistureShine Gloss $9.49 -> $4.75
MoistureShine Lipstick (recommended!) $10.49 -> $5.25
MoistureShine Lipsheers $9.79 -> $4.90


Neutrogena Healthy Skin Custom Glow Blush & Bronzer
Berry Glow 30 & Plum Glow 60

Neutrogena Healthy Skin Blends Blush
Vibrant 24 & Healthy 26

Neutrogena Mineral Sheers Loose Powder- All Shades


Neutrogena Nourishing Eye Quad- All Shades
Neutrogena Mineral Sheers Concealer Kit- All Shades


Not just these but almost EVERY brand has makeup on clearance so I would go and read Nouveau Cheap's extensive listing and then head on over to CVS if you saw something that you liked.

I saw some La Cross eyebrow tweezers for 75% off that I love. I used those before my Tweezermans and they were great! They have this big red spot to put your finger on.

And now my little haul. I only paid $8.58 after coupons for all of this.


I'm so sad that my FAVORITE lipstick EVER, the Rimmel Moisture Renew in Spotlight Beige 620 is being discontinued. ahh! I even love the number 620 because that is my birthday. So far I've hoarded 2 backups which I think will be enough... I bought the pigments because I saw MP use "white pigments" in her latest video. (brainwashed) I'm also going to try to mix them with a clear gloss to make some kind of fancy Chanel glossimer like Aragonite. I'm also curious about the shimmer strips that people keep blogging about. Please leave any rec's in the comments below! Happy Shopping!

Where do I find coupons? Try http://coupondb.iheartcvs.com/ to search for coupons if you save your weekly coupon inserts!

Everyone is free to use the photos in this post. All I require is a link back. Letting me know would be nice too!

**edit** Adding a few more photos! :D

Sally Hansen with Carmindy products!

One of these glosses was open already so I swatched it. I found it slightly sticky.. I'm always wary buying OLD clearanced gloss. Not worth it in my opinion.





My second haul! I had $10 extra bucks to burn.

I will probably be returning the Revlon lipgloss in Lilac Pastelle. What was I thinking? I would say this is the most over-hyped and failed product of 2010. Tweezers- yes! Shadows? silky! not crazy pigmented but the colors are nice! They got very good reviews on Makeup Alley.