Friday, May 7, 2010

Food Love from LISA HQCD

I received a surprise package from Lisa of HQCD in the mail last week! AHH I just LOVE Lisa so much!

Look at the amazing presentation! So perfectly wrapped!

Ohh la la! What are these French goodies?



Macarons! It is meringue-based: made from a mixture of egg whites, almond flour, and both granulated and confectionery sugar.

From what I can tell it is VERY hard to make them look this good. They are not to be confused with Macaroons (those shredded coconut American treats)

Lovely chocolate meringue disks filled with chocolate ganache! Mmmm! So yummy! <3 Very hard to stack, lol.

Thank you so much Lisa. I've always want to have a cookie party or a cookie swap. I wish we lived closer so I could give you baked goods like cupcakes that can't be mailed. I've sent you something this week.. so watch out!

I wanted to share with you my FAVORITE earrings designs from Lisa. These are her signature Calla Lily Earrings in Gold. I seriously can't decide between this and the one below.

I think maybe a mixture of both? If maybe there was a little glass leaf added to the first one? Or would that detract from the elegance... Anyways I love the gold, fuchsia, and pearl combo! I want to get these after my trip this summer. I'm trying to save and I think I'm going on a makeup ban for the rest of this month too... eek!

Please go visit Lisa's blog and show her some love!