Thursday, July 2, 2009

The She Space Review

Quad 7This is my first order from The She Space / About Face Cosmetics! A quad for $14 and one single for $4. I wanted to order something before the price increase. I had ordered samples before, and this was my first time ordering full size products. I am very happy with the quality of the pigments and color choices. They are amazing pigments. If you love sparkles you will LOVE them! The only problem I had were a few pigments were not filled up like I thought they were going to be.

I wondered if it was just me so I posted a question on the forum to compare mine to theirs because I was too scared to call. I wanted to know if my issue was valid. Mostly people said that my order must have just settled in the jar more than theirs, and I guess so!


Quad 7swatches available upon request
Broken Rules-
Soft twinkling honey with layers of gold and pink (Go glam or go home)
light honey gold with tint of pink

Shadows of Doubt-
Electric blackened cocoa with layers of copper and pink (Go glam or go home)
gold mixed with copper mixed with taupe plus sparkles
Bubble and Burn-
Golden Copper (Powdered Diamond Dust)
black with gold sparkle
Rock and Roll-
Blackenend metallic rasberry with a twinkling layer of purple (Go glam or go home)
very dark purple with dark red sparkle

Moonlight WhimsyTaupey rose shimmer. I love this color! It is so pretty. I hear it's just like Stila Kitten!!

Jar curves in at the bottom. Holds about 1 gram.
Price:
I compared their jar to an EDM sample jar (1 gram), and the sample jar holds slightly more. Those only costs $2.50 btw. The She Space sells full size jars for $4.50. Samples are only .50 cents!

Pressing:
I pressed these with glycerin and alcohol, and then baked them. They ended up too soft. I don't know if it was the baking evaporating the hold it had or what, but I wasn't satisfied. After much resistance to order EZ Prez from Coastal Scents, I caved for the sake of my pigment pressing sanity! More on that in a future post.

Shipping, Customer Service:
It took 12 days to get my order, including weekends. Way faster than last time, haha! I emailed them a couple times, and each time it got bounced back to me. I don't know what this is about since I can get their newsletter emails. I had to go on the forums and PM to get a response. Heather, the owner, saw my post on the jar levels, and so generously offered to replace the pigments I thought were less than full! Wow, what great customer service! They do live up to their 100% satisfaction.

Quality:
Highly pigmented, many many colors to choose from. So silky and smooth, so sparkly! Love the Velvet collection too! So many velvets to choose from! Love the quads under "Kits for Eyes." $14 for 4 jars is a great deal! Also being able to customize your pigments will appeal to many.

Website Design:
It could use a little work. If the shopping basket was integrated into the main site and you could have an account, that would be a plus! I noticed the newer pigments have better photos. Yay on that note!

Overall:
I would definitely order again! I already did! Check them out and at least try their samples! The shipping is cheap too!
http://theshespace.com/pigmentsforyoureyes.html