Friday, April 16, 2010

pretty lace with konad stamping, notd

I got brainwashed again and felt the need to try the ever so popular Konad nail stamping craze. Wowsocool.com's 30% off sale was ending so I took advantage of it and ordered a few plates (a month ago?). I'm not very good at it but I managed to get one nail to look right. Visit this link to see how it's done. I just wanted to dabble in it a little. I'm not much of a nail person. I've only had two manicures in my life...

This design is from the lace and cloud plate. I originally wanted to try the fishnet plate but it was sold out. I'm glad too because I ended up picking out this plate and I love it! See below for the stock photo. Seriously, skip the popular fishnets plate and go for this one. (m79)

I messed up the middle nails so that's why the pic is blurry. :P And my cuticles always look like crap.
The base coat is OPI Second Honeymoon. A pretty pale pink.
I received this in a swap, and it's my first OPI or non drugstore polish. Thanks K! It's slightly streaky but less streaky with a base coat.

This full nail plate (m79) is so cute with the lace and clouds. Click on the image to shop for it.

I also used Rimmel Pro Polish in 110 French White. It's a nice white and thick enough for stamping. You need something thick enough otherwise it won't transfer to your nail. This was only $3.99 at Walgreens. (don't forget your $1 coupon)

This post by Heather of Eyeconic Makeup totally made me laugh. Check out her before and after polish collection.