Saturday, April 7, 2012

Easter Egg Half Moon Nails

The first time I saw the Half Moon Nail trend I wasn't a fan but after seeing it with pretty pastels I'm a convert! This is my first go at it. If I had a true white I probably would have done these differently. Also you usually don't see this look with a trim but I flubbed it so the white trim covers up my mistakes. The white trim gives it that Easter Egg look.

How to:
  1. Paint your nails the base color (top part). Make sure to paint the whole nail.
  2. Wait for it to dry completely or use seche vite to speed it up.
  3. Use Hole Reinforcements and place them on the top part of your nail where you want to keep the base color showing.
  4. Paint the bottom portion of the nail any color (same or different ones to complete your look).
  5. Remove the reinforcements carefully to reveal your half moon shape!
  6. Add a middle trim with a thin brush or skip this if your application and sticker removal is clean.
  7. Apply a top coat and let it dry!

Colors used:
Etude House BL501 Cloud Milk - pinky
Revlon Lilac Pastelle - ring finger
Revlon Cafe Pink - first finger
Revlon Electric - middle finger
Revlon Pale Cashmere - top moon
Rimmel French White - trim

Happy Easter!