Tuesday, August 25, 2009

depotting origins eyeshadow

I got to try this eyeshadow because I received a $10 off coupon from Origins (my fav!) for my birthday! This is my first eyeshadow from them! They cost about the same as mac.. so I wouldn't buy them without a coupon.. but the coupon made is seriously affordable! I was looking for a good color to diffuse dark shadows in a smokey look, and this is perfect for that! It's called Sun Tan. I don't think it's sold anymore since it's a limited edition color. Though you may be able to find it at your Origins because the makeup line is not as popular as the skincare stuff they have. Not that it isn't good, it's just not popular!

I've recently been into filling up my Mac palette.. and this fits perfectly! Pictures after the jump!
Depotting this is really easy!

Try to wedge a thin knife into where I have shown. If you wedge it in there real good, you'll be able to pop the top part of the shadow out.


This is what the back looks like. Loosen the glue holding the eyeshadow pan to the plastic by dropping a few drops of alcohol into the tiny hole on the back. Then just take a hard and pointy object like a thumb tack or nail and poke the whole. Gently ease it out, you don't want to crack the shadow.


After gently pushing out the shadow, add a magnet, and you are done!